DO YOU NEED INFORMATION ABOUT THE VISA FOR VIETNAM? DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF VISA YOU WILL NEED TO TRAVEL TO VIETNAM?
- VIETNAM VISA 2020 – ONLINE VISA TO TRAVEL TO VIETNAM
- VISA IN VIETNAM – HOW TO GET YOUR VISA STEP BY STEP
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS VISA ONLINE FOR VIETNAM
VIETNAM VISA 2020 – ONLINE VISA TO TRAVEL TO VIETNAM
One of the first things to do when planning your trip to South East Asia is to find out about the conditions to obtain your Visa for each country crossed. If you are planning to visit Vietnam, this article may interest you.
VISA IN VIETNAM – HOW TO GET YOUR VISA STEP BY STEP
Visa for Vietnam, how to get it? If you plan to visit Vietnam, you will need to be in possession of a visa. Here is information depending on your nationality but also on the length of your stay.
Nationals of certain countries such as Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark and France (until June 30, 2020) can be exempt from visa on the condition that the stay does not exceed 15 days in the country, and that you have not visited Vietnam in the previous month. Belgian and Canadian friends, you will need to apply for a visa to enter the territory. However due to recently Covid-19 outbreak,Vietnam is temporary suspense South Korea until further notice.
What are the conditions and how to get your Vietnam visa?
HOW TO GET A VISA FOR VIETNAM
There are 2 ways to get a Vietnam visa:
- Either by applying online , wherever you are. Option available since 2010. You will get your Visa at the immigration post when you arrive in the country. (The cheapest option if you arrive by plane)
- Either by physically applying for a Visa at any Vietnam embassy (in Paris, Bangkok, Vientiane, etc.) if you arrive by land or by plane.
VISA APPLICATION FOR VIETNAM ONLINE (CHEAPEST)
To be able to apply for a Visa online for Vietnam , the conditions of obtaining are as follows:
- Arriving by plane
- Have a passport valid for another 6 months after leaving the country
- 2 ID photos
- Fill out form FN-1a available here
- Return the approval letter that you will get when you register online
- Pay visa fees (US $ 25 for a single visa and US $ 50 for a multi-entry visa)
VISA APPLICATION FOR VIETNAM AT THE EMBASSY
To apply to the Vietnam Embassy, you will need to:
- Have a passport valid for another 6 months after leaving the Country,
- 2 identity photos,
- Complete form FN-1a
- Pay Visa fees. The fees are very variable depending on the type of visa desired (1 to 3 months, single or multi-entry) and the place where you apply (count 40 $ us and 70 $ us)
Where to find Embassies in South East Asia:
- Thailand: Bangkok
- Cambodia: Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and Battambang
- Laos: Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Savanakhet and Champasak
Reminder if you are of French nationality and you intend to stay less than 15 days in the country, you are exempt and do not have to apply for a visa!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS VISA ONLINE FOR VIETNAM
HOW DOES THE ONLINE VISA APPLICATION PROCESS WORK?
Apply online by following the link above, you will receive an approval letter by email. This letter should be printed and brought with you upon your arrival in Vietnam. Once at the immigration office you will get a stamp on your passport. Since everything has been completed online, you will not have to pay anything else.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY VISA ONLINE?
There will be two types of fees to be paid when applying for your visa: on the one hand the visa fees (administrative fees to be paid at the time of your visa application) and on the other hand the stamping fees (payable only at the immigration office upon arrival in $ us or Vietnamese Dongs.)
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS THE VISA ON ARRIVAL?
It is generally fast, count 5 to 10 minutes, but in periods of high attendance, this waiting time can be up to 50 minutes / 1 hour.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF VISA ONLINE?
No need to go to a Vietnamese embassy or consulate. You save time and can apply wherever you are traveling and this visa costs less.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF THE ONLINE VISA?
You must arrive by plane in order to benefit from this visa. If you are arriving by land (bus, train, etc.) you will have to make your request at an embassy and not online.
CAN WE MAKE A VISA ON ARRIVAL?
It is actually possible to apply for a visa by entering the territory BUT only if you have previously obtained the famous letter of approval.